Tuesday 25 March 2014

New knobs

After we got married and bought this house, we started looking for a new bedroom suit. It took us years before we found one that we liked. Only problem was we didn't like the knobs. We have been living with them for about 8 years now and I have finally decided it is time for a change.

This is what we have currently; little silver square knobs.

Unless they are all perfectly straight, they look so wonky. In the showroom they had them on the angle so they were diamond shaped but we didn't like that.
 
I thought it would nicer to get some that didn't stand out so much. I liked the idea of them blending into the furniture. I went into Early Settler and saw lots of pretty ones and I decided on an oil-rubbed look knob that was round. What I didn't know however, was that they no longer carry them I stock and they had to order some in which would take a week. So I left and thought I'd try Bunnings Warehouse and hey presto, they had the same thing and they same price. $7.95 each so not cheap and meant I only got 4 of them to see what they looked like on the bedside tables.
 
 
They actually look better in real life. The camera flash is changing the colour of the wood. I certainly like them better but am not going to rush out to change the other furniture just yet.
 
Cheers,

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment