Tuesday 1 April 2014

We have some upstairs walls

It's really happening. We are getting a double storey house. Seems a bit surreal sometimes as I never thought I'd actually have a double storey house. I grew up in a double storey, then moved to a triple storey but since then I have only lived in single storey houses.

The kids are very excited about having a staircase and I don't blame them. We loved playing on the stairs as kids. I remember putting foam mattresses on the stairs and making them into a big slide. I also remember having big eggs on my head when I slammed into the brick wall at the bottom after falling down them numerous times.

So here we go! Up, up, up.

You may have seen my sneak peak on Facebook yesterday. Here are some more pictures.

We have the west wall up and hopefully by the end of today have most of the east wall down. Here it is now.
West wall done

East wall in progress

West wall

East wall

Another stupid selfie with Dave looking at me like I'm a douche bag!

East wall from the street view


West wall from the street view

It's been raining on and off today but hasn't hampered the efforts. Fingers crossed it stays that way for the rest of the week.

Cheers,
Nat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment