Saturday 9 August 2014

Upper level - All wrapped up!

We managed to finish straightening and wrapping up the second storey today.

I spy Tom Thumb
This is the before shot (above).

Then it was straightened and packed.

Planing the wall

Stapling on the packers

Wrapped up from the outside

Wrapped up from the inside
So now that side is ready to be weatherboarded whenever we get the opportunity.

I got the second coat of primer on the second window today.

We wont be getting much done tomorrow because we are heading to the in laws place to celebrate my Father in law's 70th Birthday. To mark the occasion we are having a BBQ (of course it is meant to rain). I am bringing my regular trifle....

Trifle in progress
 ..and I am bringing a dirt cake. Now this I have never made before. It is an American idea and have layers of crushed Oeros, crumbled chocolate cake and whipped cream mixed with chocolate pudding and to top it off some lolly worms.
Dirt cake in progress

 My finished dirt cake which I can't wait to taste. Thanks Alyssa for sharing your family recipe with me.
More of a kids dessert but who's counting!
That's all the news for now.

Check ya later,
Nat
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment