Wednesday 21 January 2015

Declutter time: Linen closet

I love nothing more than a good declutter. I have been following the Peter Walsh 31 day challenge and have been loving it. Even though today's challenge was to do the sock and undie drawers, I wanted to do more as I get a buzz from it.

So I tackled the linen closest which was getting a mess.
 
As you can see, this is also my gift wrapping station, which after Christmas was a mess.

So I took everything out, and sorted the things I wanted to keep and things I wanted to donate. Here is my pile of giveways. I have a lady coming to collect some of these who was in need of sheets as all hers had holes in them.
Then I folded them all nicely and put labels on the shelves.

After that it looked much better but I still needed to do the gift wrap.

I collected like items together and stored all gift bags in one big gift bag in the bottom of the closet. So now it looks all neat like this.

Now I feel much better everytime open it. Ahhh... It is amazing how much more relaxing my life seems when things are in order.

Have you been doing any post Christmas decluttering?

Cheers,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment