Sunday 28 June 2015

Installing the skirting boards for the boys rooms

I am loving the new skirting that I chose. They are larger than the ones in the existing house and more substantial and give a great richness to the room. It really feels like it is finished off with these on. Take a look:

 Some awesome scribing work in the internal corners by Dave here. He sure is great that this precise and fiddly work.
 Even did inside of the wardrobe in Sammy's room.
 Here it is in Andrew's room.

 The cornice was installed downstairs and I am sooo happy that I went with the more traditional cornice. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see how it will all look once it has all been painted.
Cornice in the dining room.
Cornice in the living room.
After dinner tonight, Dave put the architrave on the living room window downstairs. We had to make the top architrave a bit narrower because it would otherwise hit the cornice.
Adding some architrave on the largest window
 Then added architraves to the smallest windows next to the fireplace.


Meanwhile I had the task of emptying everything out of the roof storage space, down the attic ladder and sorting out what to keep and what to throw away.
Here is some of the throw away pile.
 Mainly baby things, which was pretty sad for me but needed to be done. I have keep a tub of things for each child of special items. I also took the vacuum up and cleaned up the roof. It was so filthy, but now feels much cleaner.

The hope is that as well as being cleaner up there, it will have less wait on the centre of the house which seems to be sinking a bit. We have to re-stump that area soon to reinforce it.

School holidays have started here so it will be bit crazy for the next 2.5 weeks.
Hooray!

Cheers,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment